Postmates Delivery as a Service allows you to offer on-demand delivery as a fulfillment option to your customers. It’s perfect for anyone who sells retail products, home goods, groceries, catering, food, alcohol, and more.
Today, large sellers such as Apple, Walmart, Instacart, and 7-11 are offering delivery experiences to their customers by integrating the API directly into their products.
We believe that local sellers like you should have these same tools, but know how uncommon it is to have the capital to invest in new technologies—much less growing a fleet. When you do, it comes at the unreasonable cost of your time. Time better spent serving your customers, selling your products, and growing your business.
This is why we’ve built a simple web app powered by the delivery API. It’s currently available to over 54,000 local businesses who sell on the Postmates app and requires no time to integrate it. With a click of a button, your business can have a Postmate deliver orders to any local customer—regardless if the order was placed in the store, over the phone, or from a website.
Below you will find more details about features, use cases, pricing, and more.
- Create deliveries directly in your Dashboard within minutes, no developer needed
- Full developer API for direct client integration and custom app development
- Get real-time price quotes when creating new deliveries
- Ability to have an order delivered ASAP or schedule it to be delivered in the future
- Ability to require signature and/or ID verification at dropoff
- Ability to have multiple deliveries picked up at once and delivered to multiple customers
- Ability to set max delivery distances so orders don't travel too far
- Multi-location support if you have more than one storefront
- Sharable tracking links for you and your customers to monitor delivery status in real time, no login required
- Accounts are set to return the delivery if the customer is not available. This can be changed to leave items at the door or discard/keep items per your request
Below is how we currently price both the API and web app.
- $0 for access to the Delivery as a Service API
- $0 for access to the web app
- Pricing is based on a per market minimum + per km rate (distance from pickup to drop off)
- Charged only when the delivery is completed
- Custom flat rate pricing is available on request
- Payment goes through a card on file