Postmates + Square set up instructions for new Merchants
We’re excited to have you experience Postmates’ new integration with Square. What better way to streamline your restaurant operations than having your Postmates orders go directly into your Square POS? No more manually typing the orders into the POS system!
How to set up the integration
- Sign in to your Postmates dashboard
- Go to the Integrations tab
- Click Join Beta to connect your Postmates account to Square.
- You’ll be prompted to allow Postmates to access the following:
- Your profile information
- Your menu
- Your Square orders
- The ability to update and create order
- Click Allow to approve access.
- You’ll then be prompted to allow Postmates to:
- Link your Square locations to your Postmates locations
- Sync your menu to your Postmates menu (You will receive an email once the menu import is done)
- Ensure you have entered the following information to be feed-eligible on our platform:
- Kitchen Hours
- Header Image
- Click Activate in the Integration page on the Partner Dashboard to start receiving orders on your Square POS.
- You can enable Automatic Ticket Printing on Square Dashboard so new orders are moved automatically to In Progress and tickets are printed as soon as Postmates orders are created. If automatic ticket printing isn’t turned on, Postmates orders will remain in a “New” state and will need to be individually marked as “In Progress.”
Guidance Videos for Account Setup
The video below demonstrates the process of editing item level products within the Postmates Seller Dashboard. Although there is limited editing access, you have the ability to update item availability, rearrange modifier sets, and move the item to a different category.
- Available – The item is available on your Postmates storefront.
- Unavailable Indefinitely – The item will be removed from your Postmates storefront until you manually update the availability again.
Unavailable Until Tomorrow – The item will remain on your Postmates storefront, but will be made unorderable until the next business days.
Editing Modifier Sets
The video below demonstrates the process of reviewing and editing modifier sets (a.k.a option groups). You have the ability to review the available options in each set by hovering over the specific set. Additionally, when you select a modifier set you can rename the customer facing name, internal name and name(s) of each option, and update their availability.
The video below demonstrates the process of rearranging categories, and then items within categories. The order of categories and items which appear on your Postmates Seller Dashboard, will reflect on your Postmates Storefront.
Your partnership is valuable to us so thank you in advance for your time. We look forward to making your Postmates experience as easy as possible! Please reach out with any questions or concerns as you set up your account.