Postmates Delivery as a Service allows you to offer on-demand delivery as a fulfillment option to your customers. It’s perfect for anyone who sells retail products, home goods, groceries, catering, food, alcohol, and more.
Today, large sellers such as Apple, Walmart, Instacart, and 7-11 are offering delivery experiences to their customers by integrating the API directly into their products.
We believe that local sellers should have these same tools. We want to empower you to spend time focusing on your business and allow our Fleet to deliver your products to your end customers at any time.
There are two options for use of Postmates Delivery as a Service:
- Our state of the art, white label API product for direct client integration and custom app development. See more in our developer documentation here.
- A simple web app powered by the delivery API. It’s currently available to over 54,000 local businesses who sell on the Postmates app and requires no time to integrate it. With a click of a button, your business can have a Postmate deliver orders to any local customer—regardless if the order was placed in the store, over the phone, or from a website.
Below you will find more details about features, use cases, pricing, and more.
- Get real-time price quotes when creating new deliveries
- Ability to have an order delivered ASAP or schedule it to be delivered in the future
- Ability to require signature and/or ID verification at dropoff
- Ability to have multiple deliveries picked up at once and delivered to multiple customers
- Ability to set max delivery distances so orders don't travel too far
- Multi-location support if you have more than one storefront
- Sharable tracking links for you and your customers to monitor delivery status in real time, no login required
- Accounts are set to return the delivery if the customer is not available. This can be changed to leave items at the door or discard/keep items per your request
Below is how we currently price both the API and web app.
- $0 for access to the Delivery as a Service API
- $0 for access to the web app
- Pricing is based on a per market minimum + per km rate (distance from pickup to drop off)
- Charged only when the delivery is completed
- Custom flat rate pricing is available on request
- Payment goes through a card on file