To see where Postmates delivers alcohol, please see Where does Postmates facilitate alcohol delivery?
Sellers must indicate that ID scan is required for any delivery containing age-restricted items. For Dashboard users, this means selecting the checkbox next to "Requires ID Check?" when submitting a delivery request containing an age-restricted item:
Information on how to request this requirement via direct integration can be found in our Developer Documentation.
Setting this delivery requirement tells our system that an age-restricted item is in the basket and ensures a few things:
- The Postmate performing the delivery is 21+
- Once pickup is complete, the Postmate will receive a prompt reminding him/her that ID verification will be required at dropoff
- Prior to completing dropoff, our Postmates Fleet app requires an ID scan* to determine whether:
- the ID is valid (driver's license, state ID or passport only)
- the age is 21+
- If the order is undeliverable, a return delivery will automatically be triggered
*For details about how ID scan functionality works and how Postmates are prompted to complete this step, follow this link to our Fleet Help Center.
Finally, an order is considered undeliverable if the customer:
- Is not present
- Does not have a valid photo ID
- Is under 21
- Appears intoxicated
Note: unattended delivery is not supportable for orders where ID scan is required. This applies both in the case of no-contact deliveries and in cases of un-deliverability. Regardless of circumstance, if ID scan is required, an ID will need to be scanned and validated in order to hand off goods. Otherwise, the order will necessitate return in full to the pickup location.
If you have any questions or need help, submit a help ticket.