Delivery can be tricky! Here are a few tips we’ve picked up to best support your in-store staff and our Postmate during pickup:
- Have items ready as soon as the Postmate arrives
Make sure to give yourself enough prep time so that items are ready to be picked up when the Postmate arrives. Delays at pickup are a poor Postmate experience and are much more likely to result in a late delivery.
- Have a designated pick-up area where Postmates can easily locate the order
This helps both to reduce disruption to your in-store business and to ensure Postmates can be in-and-out in a flash.
- Make sure your Postmate is picking up the correct order by matching up the order ID
The unique order ID you provide us will be available and visible to Postmates at pickup within their Fleet app.
- Clearly label all orders, especially orders containing multiple bags.
This helps Postmates be sure they're handing off the complete and correct order to your customer.
- Include all relevant pick-up and drop-off instructions
Is there a gate code needed to enter the customer's apartment complex? Is your pick-up area out of the way? Help your Postmate out by including these details upfront - and we'll take care of the rest!
Keep in mind that pick-up and drop-off note fields each allow a maximum of 280 characters.