To create deliveries, you'll need the following information:
- Business address
- Pickup time
- Phone number
- Customer’s first and last name
- Customer’s address
- Customer’s phone number (in case the Postmate needs to contact the customer)
- Item name
- Item quantity
- Item size
- Payment card to pay for the delivery
How to create a delivery:
- Tap on Create Delivery in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select a pickup location or add a new one.
- Enter the relevant information, like name, address, and phone number.
- Enter order details, including order ID number, as well as a description of the items in your order.
- Enter the date and time you’d like the Postmate to arrive for pickup.
- Indicate whether or not the order requires a signature or ID check.
- Review the delivery fee and all order details.
After you create a delivery, you’ll see its status in the upper right-hand corner as well as a tracking screen and link.
Note: Before creating real deliveries, we recommend using our delivery simulator feature until you get familiar with the Postmates platform. You will not be charged, and no real deliveries will be created.