As a Postmates partner you can now export proof of delivery documentation directly from your dashboard! Proof of delivery is an automatically generated document that compiles information about a specific delivery to confirm requirements were successfully completed during drop-off.
Proof of delivery is currently available for two types of delivery requirements:
- Signature required at drop-off
- Photo required at drop-off (applied automatically when leaving at door)
How to export proof of delivery from the Postmates Partner Dashboard
- Log into the partner dashboard (partner.postmates.com) using your Postmates account credentials.
- From the home tab, locate the desired delivery in the list of ongoing and completed deliveries (using time range filter to help narrow down dates).
- Click the row of the delivery after locating it to expand and view delivery details.
- View proof of delivery by clicking the button labeled “Download Proof of Delivery”
Consuming proof of delivery using webhooks
Webhooks allow you to receive real-time updates to your ongoing deliveries. By configuring a URL we can POST updates to, you'll get the most up-to-date information to show to your customers. To use webhooks, you'll need to configure your own web application to accept HTTP POST requests from us. These requests will contain JSON objects representing the event that has occurred. Our developer documentation can be referred to for details.
Proof of delivery example (photo required on drop-off)
Proof of delivery example (signature required on drop-off)